Does your skin look like a prune during winter? Below are some useful tips to tackle dry skin.
1. Take a shower (or a bath) with the following in mind:
- 🚿Use lukewarm to warm water (not too hot)
- Don’t stay too long (🕑10 min max)
- Wash yourself smoothly with a gentle unscented soap
- To dry, dab the skin with a towel, without rubbing
- Immediately apply a body moisturizer
2. ✅ Use a cream or an ointment instead of a lotion
3. 🔎 Look for “ceramide”- based products
- Ceramides are the main components of the stratum corneum whose role is to retain water in the skin
- Other ingredients to look for: Lactic acid, urea, hyaluronic acid, glycerin, lanolin, petrolatum
4. 🤲🏻 Bring along a hand cream tube wherever you go!
5. 🔥Keep warm!
Avoid long exposure to the cold. If you have to go out, wear gloves or mittens & make sure you feel as warm as possible
Thanks to these few tips, your skin should get better rapidly. If you still experience itching, burning or discomfort after a while, you should seek advice from a dermatologist 📲.